Re: Bonneville Prep weekend

To: "Dick Jurkowski" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville Prep weekend
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:01:00 -0500
No I left the Camaro at home.... My Motor is really a Drag racing motor and
I am going to abuse it a ton at Bonneville... I wanted at least to make the
first pass on the salt before I watched the rods exit out the new hole in
the block...

I did learn a ton this weekend... and meet a fella named Gary Eaker who is
a wind tunnel expert currently employed by Hendrick
Motorsports...(previously worked at GM)  I think I conned him into joining
the List.... or at least I hope I did...

And John Ran some Yard taped with scotch tape on his car.. awesome
experiment... as far as I was concerned it really tells you bunches.... the
yard un-raveled at those places with the most turbulence and Personally I
thought you could learn alot about airflow with these strings attached.. I
think John has the whole thing on video tape as well which is going to
further his knowledge about airflow over and around his car.... as well as
under it...

>From my Perspective in Shut down... I could see the fluttering of the yard
at the wheel wells and it told me that the air there was dirty.... I am
sure that when he tells the Yarn (pun intended) about the test it will be
interesting..

Keith Turk....

<johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>; John Linville <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>;
land-speed@autox.team.net