Re: raising and lowering

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: raising and lowering
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:15:58 -0400
Dick,

  I've seen Keith set the frame rails on the ground at Maxton without air in
the system, but you may have him rethinking that now. (Keith?)  I'm a little
concerned about the rapid changes in aerodynamics and suspension settings
with this quick pump-up at speeds higher than those at Maxton.  With the
chute out and the chassis settled down from the initial opening "tug" it
would probably be OK, but aren't there times when you just wouldn't want a
lot of air suddenly rush under the car?  Maybe plowing salt is safer in a
high speed off course excursion.  Since Keith seems to be sort of a pioneer
with these air bags (Nobody else is talking, anyway.) in LSR he may be the
one who has to report to us on what works and what doesn't.  LE$$ONS LEARNED.

Chuck "Likes springs" Rothfuss
ECTA