Re: This isn't rick is it?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: This isn't rick is it?
From: "Robert Parent" <rparent34@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:25:13 -0600
Hi Keith,
No, this ain't rick. Is there a Rick Parent with a 34 Ford? This is Robert,
the lerker, who phill mentioned a few weeks ago thinking about converting
his supercomp 23T roadster (NHRA) car to a LSR car. Hey, thanks for all the
feedback on that thread.  I've been on the list for a few months now but had
to re-up because I changed my ISP. Hot Rods have been in my blood since the
first time I heard a ford flathead crank and run, which was around 1947 when
my dad fired up his 37 ford coupe (60 horse) with open exhaust (I was 4
years old). Still got all the hot rod magazines I bought since 1956 and use
to study them in class just like yall said. Started building hot rods
(street and drag racers) at 15 and still have most of them. Being from
Louisiana, I could only dream of going to Bonneville and the dry lakes for
many years. In 1992, my wife and I made it to speed week and had a blast.
Thought I had died and gone to hot rod heaven! Been to drag races and rod
runs most of my life but none compare to the site where the rubber hits the
salt! Great people and real hot rods. We plan to make it to Maxton in July
this year (get that Phill) and to the dry lakes in the near future. Got too
many projects going at present to build a LSR but if I keep tuning in on
this list and getting visits from Phill (he's building a FX/BGMR), some of
the other projects may get pushed. I did get the 2000 rule book! This list
is great, good information, laughs, and good people.
God Bless,
Robert (from the swamps of La.)