Re: Early Hemi Red Line

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Early Hemi Red Line
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:36:34 -0700
Dick; my plan for a "D" size hemi always has been a 331 block with a '55 or
'56 Pontiac crank. The Pontiac has a 3.250 stroke and is a near drop in. If
you can clean up the 331 by .050 over you have 304.6 cid which will get you
in "D". And allows big valves compared to the Windsor block. The Windsor
would need sleeves anyway so this is cheaper. Should buzz as well as you can
get the valve train to follow.  R. Fox