Re: compounding

To: DrMayf@aol.com, owner-land-speed@autox.team.net, lsr_man@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: compounding
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:15:31 EDT
Hey Mafy,

I went to a tractor pull many years ago, one guy was running an Inernational
Harvester in what I seem to remember was a 12000 Lb Super stock class, had
six stage turbocharging (talk about compounding!!!) he wasn't specific on how
much boost he was making, would only say it was WELL over 200psi.  About half
way down, wheels way up in the air, you can imagine what happened.  I did not
know you could drive over your own crank in a tractor AND have to watch out
for that head that became airborn.  You'd have to do some digging but pics
made it in a magazine called pulling power.

        Mike in L.A. (wishing I could do that)