Crankshafts

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crankshafts
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 05:44:13 -0500
after we pulled the Rodeck apart... it was determined that the only real
weak link in the Motor was the Crank... Lot's of reasons... but mostly it
wasn't as good as the rest of the equipment in the Motor...   and If I know
Dave he is going to test the combination Pretty well...( Read LOTS of
Nitrous and Long Runs at Terminal Velocity )( oh and Dave told me to make
sure it would spin to 9800  rpm ...ahhh Okay)

Anyway since it was Scored real Bad .. we decided to find us a new one....
Called 6 different Crank companies and ended up with Sonny Bryant in the LA
area.... Just liked Joe Squires attitude and willingness to build what I
needed not what he wanted to sell me...  The biggest thing I liked was that
there were no Hidden Costs... he started and Ended with the Same Cost....
Balanced Nitrided.. winged counterwieghts... added Center counter
weights...all at the same cost.... the other folks would do all these
things... but they had the LOW Price up front and then they beat you up with
the Little adds.... and to be honest they all ended up within $50 bucks of
each other for the same Crank...

Just thought I would share the day's phone calls....

Keith ( yeah 9 weeks from now I can try again )