Re: rev kits

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: rev kits
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:42:45 -0400
For what it is worth...most rev kits i have seen and it has been a
while.. have about 80 Lbs or so at the lifter with the valve open.. If
you devide that out by the rocker ratio.. 1.75 for arguments sake on an
intake.. you end up with about 45 more at the valve.. seems like a small
change with a roller cam..If I was hitting the retainers I would call
comp cams and ask them how much tension they want with the rocker ratio
you are running..I'll bet you are 'light' most of the stuff i have seen
if you are going to spin the thing sound like 300 on the seat and 850 to
950 open...Are the valves steel or Titanium?? makes a huge difference
there too lots of the new agressive grinds really need a Ti valve as
there are no spings that can control the weight of the steel stuff..
Dave Dahlgren