Maxton October meet report

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton October meet report
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:45:57 -0500
Bruce, List,

   Just got home and can tell you that it was a very well attended final
2000 meet at Maxton.  Keith said, as he was rushing to the airport, that
they did get Will into the Two Club with a 200.000 pass.  I must've been
napping in the staging lanes and missed it.  Lots of nap time on Sunday
since we had a few off course excursions, and clean-up delays.  No
fatalities except for a slow rat, one cone, and some body panels.  I'll let
the participants tell their own stories if they choose to.

   Beautiful weather both days, even if we were running into a pretty stiff
headwind most of the time.  Even an early (7:00) start on Sunday didn't seem
to help the wind situation much.   One bike rider did manage to slip between
the gusts and I believe set high speed of the event at 202 (?).  I'll have
to leave details like that to the guys who were taking notes.  I was just
enjoying the weather, and taking time to meet new people and visit with old
friends.

   I managed to get enough of a "fix" to carry me through the winter and
keep me motivated to continue plugging along on my projects til next season.
If I start to lose my momentum all I have to do is check my e-mail and see
how the rest of you are doing.

   Hope to hear shortly that everyone else has made it home safe-and-sound
after their much longer drives.

Chuck Rothfuss
"USS Wankel", E/Gas Real Street, etc.
Pole Cat Hollow, NC