Re: THE GREAT FORD TOPLOADER TRANS DELIMMA

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: THE GREAT FORD TOPLOADER TRANS DELIMMA
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:40:42 EST
Doug,
    Maybe I'm missing something but I've always heard that the 49-53 Ford
"stick" transmission bell housing would bolt to some of the later Ford manual
transmissions.
    I did a SBC Lakewood "can" over to bolt up to a 49-53 8-BA Flatty block.
I don't know about the input shaft length though.
    I  96 we ran a SBC in the Gold Digger Lakester and used the Flat-O-Matic
C-4 to Flatty block adapter. It took a little "fiddling" but
worked.......Ardun Doug in CA.