Dry Decks

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry Decks
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:57:40 -0500
With the head gasket discussion on going, I thought I would throw this
question out there. Seems to me the metal "O" rings are a neat deal. Now to
solve another small delima. Why not make it a complete dry deck and use
seperate cooling loops in the heads and block. I know the some of the 18
degree heads have a coolant line run to the intake face. This would also
mandate the use of a dry sump sytem to remove the oil used to cool the valve
springs. Would the temperatures be hard to control even if using a common
water pump, and cooling tank or radiator. Might be able to lower the block
temp to control some bore distortion and a littel higher head temp to gain
so extra go power. I guess this is nothing new just something the average
guy never really tries. I am thinking right or is my deck dry above the
shoulders?

Bill