Re: News on Our Car Magazine Industry : Strictly for theBUCKS!

To: David Freiburger <FreiburD@PRIMEDIAcmmg.com>
Subject: Re: News on Our Car Magazine Industry : Strictly for theBUCKS!
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:44:13 -0800
Dave,

Thanks for a well written response to this thread. Isn't it amazing how
we push our own agenda. I have been a consistant subscriber to Hot Rod
since the sixties and have always considered it to be a great magazine.
Sure there are articles in every issue that don't get read by me because
they don't catch my interest, but there is also enough information in
every issue that makes it worth keep the subscription alive.

We all like to pick up a publication and see our event featured, to see
our name in print and our cars pictured, but we need to be sensitive to
other interests and the bottom line. Many of us on this list are people
in business, we should understand what drives any industry. Not many of
us operate today as we did twenty years ago. When I started my business,
we didn't work on Imports, period. Today they make up better than forty
percent of our business.
Thanks for your interest in giving our sport more coverage. I guess it
may be a sign of old age, but I especially like the historical pieces.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC