Re: rules question

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rules question
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:22:56 -0800
The MacDonald/Pitts car has a hinged door bar arrangement that is
pinned/locked in place after the driver is in the seat.  It fits inside the
stock door.  Looks to be the same diameter tubing as the rest of the roll
cage in the car.  That would be a good starting point for reference since
the car is under five years old and there have been pictures of the car with
the door open in several publications.  It attracted quite a bit of
attention at the SEMA show the year it was displayed there because the door
was open and the door bar "gate" was open.  Lots of drag racers were
commenting on how much protection there was for the driver.  I just sat back
and listened to the comments while I rested my tired feet.

Wes