Re: Oldish Gas

To: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Subject: Re: Oldish Gas
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:09:54 -0700
Jon, I wondered the same thing, living here in South
Dakota, you will NOT be able to start a bike after letting it
sit with untreated fuel in the float bowls.  Just check out
ANY of the bike shops aroung here in the spring, ALL getting
carb rebuilds ,basically tearing apart and TRYING
to get the varnished/gooy gas stuff out of all the small passages.
Stabil works well here.
Plain gas sitting in a can smell identical if not
more pungent than paint thinner after about a
2-3 months.

Joe :)