yellow Toyota

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: yellow Toyota
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:42:43 -0800
the yellow Toyota that had such a time in Tech appears to have run and set a
record in a Coupe class?.
That one that had a big yellow transporter in the pits with the Japanese pit
crew.  I can't see how that could have been a four-seater which, correct me
if I'm wrong, it has to be in order to run in any Coupe class? Seems to me
it belongs more in a sportscar class?
********************************

Gribb & list,

Although the Toyota in question does seem smallish in size compared to other
coupes the car meets the coupe/sedan requirements in that the car is
marketed as a four seater Supra. The classification of these newer(read
smaller) vehicles is something that will be addressed this year.
The car qualified several times, never certifiying for a record as the team
wanted more speed. By the end of the week they were bested by Donnie
Stringfellow & Jim Kirk's Datsun 2+2 which took the E/BGCC record at 248.
The Toyota ran a best of around 236 I think.

DW