RE: Recips Tale

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>,
Subject: RE: Recips Tale
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:33:05 -0600
Dick;

Yeah, it's too bad that so many young people haven't had a chance to
experience what great sound a big reciprocating engine makes. Now and then
the B-17 "Sentimental Journey" flys into Tucson for an event. They have the
plane open for tours and even take people up for short flights. It's
touching how may young kids show up with their grandfathers or great-
grandfathers. Lots of stories about where they flew and what they did. The
kids are fascinated and I think they are very impressed and more respectful
of their grandfathers after seeing what an actual B-17 was like inside. One
man was visiting from Germany and stumbled on the Sentimental Jounrey at the
airport. He shot up 3 rolls of film and then bought a few more rolls. He had
never seen one up close before.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ