Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control

To: Nt788@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:34:17 -0500
Jack you have made the most elegant statement in favor of it. make it possible
use but don't make it mandatory!!! If you have a streamliner or lakester the set
of rules ought to be real short. Chassis tube size fine, fire system  fine,
driver suit ditto...more than 2 tires if it is supposed to be a car..
the rest ought to be wide open... I am with you don't make me run anything but
allow me to run anything that passes safety specs... To quote the rule book
about
streamliners and special construction cars..
"This category is the pinnacle of the straightaway racer's art."
"Innovation is unlimited"
Other than those rules and the one for a lakester about blocking or covering the
tires there ought to be none...
I think more rules are written to satisfy the points race than to further the
speeds or sport in general. Well how about if anyone wants to be creative just
signs a waiver that they could care less about anything other than setting a
record and feel that being creative is more important  than anything else.
Traction control is so dangerous that it is on 50% of the cars sold to the
public... Points are nice if you are in NASCAR, NHRA, CART, F1, and all the
rest... If you are going to base so much why not have them for car builders as
well as drivers.. Mel Swain could get points Joe Timney, etc... Then you will
have become NASCAR and F1...Jack I almost forgot you have built several cars
maybe you need to join the builders points race too.. LOL.. I know how important
they are to you compared to going fast and having a little fun.
Dave Dahlgren