Re:Another Scoop Method

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re:Another Scoop Method
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:54:43 -0500
Why not give this one a try...
if it has a carb...
the area of the venturies divided by  the Cd of the scoop inlet...
or if injected
the area of 2 butterflys / scoop Cd
yes they are bigger but are they a fair compromise that will never be too
small..

you could also reduce the size by factoring in the minimum speed you are
interested in..
ex. I don't care if it is too small under 80 mph as i am only there for a brief
moment and i probably don't need WOT to get to there anyway...

I think with all of these you need to size for the minimum speed of interest
rather than 'target' speed as you may never see the 'target' speed if the scoop
is too small or the engine expires trying to get there..
Just look at the data acq and see what speed you were traveling when you reached
in excess of 60% throttle continuously and still adding more throttle and size
for that.. I'll bet it is about 50% of the speed the vehicle is capable of..
Dave