Re: Food for Thought

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Food for Thought
From: "john backus" <34ford@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:34:29 -0000
Thanks, Tom. My sentiments, exactly.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas E. Bryant
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 6:06 PM
To: LAND-SPEED
Subject: Food for Thought

List,

This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a local
Newspaper.

  He did quite a job; didn't he?

  IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT

  I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some
individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have
experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.

  However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically
correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism
was
offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge
against
anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.  Our population is
almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a
few things that those who have recently come to our country and apparently
some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a
multicultural
community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national
identity.
As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and
our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of
struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought
freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian,
or
any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society,
learn the language!

  "In God We Trust" is our national motto.  ~ This is not some Christian,
right wing, political slogan.  We adopted this motto because Christian men
and
women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
documented.  It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our
schools.  If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the
world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

   If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
should seriously consider a move  to another part of this planet.  We are
happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care
how you did things where you came from.  This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and
our life style.

   Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion
and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done
complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national
motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one
other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.