Re: Dyno Capability

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dyno Capability
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:31:06 -0800
Maybe, maybe not. Every little jounce that causes the motor to move upward,
even if it does not unload the mount, changes the value. The drive shaft
yoke system, and this is not the first one, is prety straight forward as far
as instrumentation goes. The yoke is calibrated for how much torque
generates how much strain and that curve is put into an eprom so that the
data can read directly out in torque. Then if you know RPM you very simply
calculate HP. ince the yopke rides in a bearing, it is very stable and not
subject to upset movement.  Of course, it is on the bottom of the car and
will last only one run on the salt, especially if it is wet  :^}

mayf