Re: racing gas

To: scowle@mentorcollege.edu (Scott Cowle), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: racing gas
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:06:38 -0500 (EST)
Scott, my understanding is that if you are running a nitrous system with
your gas you are already in Fuel class, and you can bring any gas you
want with you and use it.

VP gas is being offered at all ECTA meets this season at least and
anybody who is running in Gas class and wants to set official Records
has to use VP gas and have a sealed tank.  VP has a choice of blends
there.

I think the idea is (1) to have a supply of recognized race gas at the
track for the convenience of all competitors, and (2) to maintain the
integrity of Certified ECTA Gas Class Records.

There is no doubt that the VP gas is top quality, the speeds produced on
it at the first meet demonstrate that.

If I've got anything wrong here, I hope the ECTA Leadership will correct
me.  Ardun Bill