To inject or not to inject...

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: To inject or not to inject...
From: Ed Lutz <edlutz@laverdajota.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:36:17 -0600
Not that I'm even considering installing injection on something but
just as a technical point of discussion.
In another mail someone mentioned that someone else couldn't have
gotten the record they did without fuel injection. This confuses me.
All other things being equal, its airflow and fuel mixture we are
talking about. Why couldn't a properly set up carb system give the same
power as a properly set up FI system? I'll admit it may be easier to
keep an FI system in tune, if it has the normal array of sensors to
help it adjust itself, but in the end I don't see a hp difference.

Fire away!

Ed
Loveland, CO.