looking for valve

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: looking for valve
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:06:03 -0500
anybody see an exhaust valve like this?
8 mm stem,
head dia 1.298 (33mm)
length 4.062
now the important thing is the keeper end of the valve stem, the last .500
inch changes to a 7.2 mm stem size with a single round groove. Groove
measurement is .110 X .219, groove centerline is .180 from end of valve.
Seems to be a 7 degree retainer. This was used in a Mopar Performance
cylinder head for the 1972-79 Dodge Colt 1.6 liter Mitsubishi engine. The
intake valve is a 7.2 mm stem size and uses the single round groove keeper.
        Mopar performance number for the head is P3690497, intake valve
P3690498,
exhaust valve is P3690499. I do not have the Mopar numbers for the
retainers, nor the keepers. All these numbers are dead in the Mopar
computer parts search.

        I need to find the keepers! I got everything else but them.
This head flows about 40% better than the stock head, and I sure would like
to use it. Sure hope somebody can point me in a direction that will help.
thanks drive careful...

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001