plastic air lines

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: plastic air lines
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:17:27 EDT
 A while back there was some discussion about running plastic for air lines
off of your shop air compressor. My son is a pipefitter that went to hear a
factory rep talk about all the different kinds of pipe and the applications.
There has been several cases where the plastic broke under air pressure and
sent the pieces like shrapnel all over the place. In the information they
passed out every page says do not test with air. In our area a boy had a
plastic flange blow up in his face while testing with air and it hurt him
bad. They make special plastic for air lines that is safe, also the potato
guns that people made out of PVC have injured a lot of people according to
the rep. I thought I would pass this on for what it's worth. Larry Mac