RE: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide Injector

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, ardunbill@webtv.net,
Subject: RE: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide Injector
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:27:55 -0500
Keith;

Your mention of seeing the "ultimate in Mechanical injection" reminded me of
the setup on Bob Peckham's McLaren M8C Can- Am car back in '72 & '73. It ran
a Chevy aluminum big- block built by George Bolthoff and it used Lucas timed
injection. A fuel distributor fed 8 injectors in a Crower FI manifold that
sported big stacks. It was probably one of the most advanced mechanical FI
systems ever built and it provided better performance in road racing
applications than continuous- flow systems.

One of these days, I'm going to convert an old Crower SBC stack manifold
system to EFI. I don't know how practical it will be but the look should be
stunning!

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ