Re: Parachute and areodynamic breaks

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Parachute and areodynamic breaks
From: Mike Meierle <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:47:42 -0700
Having experimented with Sport Skydiving in the past I must agree with the
Sleeve being used. It slows the deployment of the Parachute and softens the
impact of the opening. That I remember well, A hard opening could really hurt! A
Skydiving Rig's hardware and sewing was rated at 3,000 pounds tensile strength.
and that just to slow down 175 lbs (more now).
I saw a 65 Cutlass at WOS that had the parachute anchor looped around the back
bumper, I thought the driver was a bit too confident of the bumper's abilities
to remain with the rest of the car if it ever deployed.

--
Michael Meierle
http://www.alcatel.com/