Re: DaveD.htm

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: DaveD.htm
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:57:12 -0600
There are some things folks oughta know about Dave that he isn't going to
share...

First off he's totally free with technical advice and help on my car...
there has never been a penny change hands for his help or freindship... it's
just that, he's a freind....   I've had some folks think he's a hired
tuner... And he is for his clients... I'm just some yahoo he felt sorry
for... but he also some potential or he wouldn't be here.

Next and most important reason for this post... Dave is not into 90%
efforts... he just doesn't suffer fools well.  I do the best I can and he is
totally understanding of my level of expertise... and has spend many many
hours trying to help me get to the next level...

When Dave talks about a 4.125 2.8 stroke long rod motor not being the answer
he's talking about that last 10% we are leaving on the table and he knows it
would have been avalible if we had approached this differently.  I don't
think he takes this as an Amature sport the way others do... he looks at
this as setting a record... Period... one once set, that is made out of
un-obtainium for the other guys...

It's NOT a 100% or nothing....  When we lost the Rodeck in the shop in Sept
of 2000.... Dave's statement was "okay so what do we have left to race with?
"   Then he took what we had and proceeded to tune it to a 228mph pass....
not bad for an old junk cast iron motor with trash heads and a one day
rebuild.

I want to give you folks the numbers difference he's talking about.  A Ford
or Chevrolet Trans Am motor that Dave typically works on makes 600 -630hp
My Rodeck made 564 after he made 27 passes on the dyno with it... in other
words he worked his butt off to give us the best he could out of a marginal
situation....  he knows what it is going to take to get the other 10%... and
we may have the opportunity to get closer this year with some new heads...
but we are still thinking through those issues.... ( in other words I'm
still sorting out the money side... LOL )

I can never tell you guys how great it's been to have his expertise avalible
on a daily basis..... and for that Dave... I thank you.... ( your still a
butt head... but long as you know your place... LOL )

Seriously Starting out down the wrong road makes it a bitch kitty to get
back over to the right one!!!

Keith