Response to Howard's "Lucky" Comment

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Response to Howard's "Lucky" Comment
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:00:35 -0800
Well, folks, I hit a nerve with Howard in one of my comments and it wasn't
ment to. I have been on the receiving end of a couple of these kind of
comments that  have gotten me riled up a time or two so I do know how he
feels. Howard, didn't mean to do it. Here is what we said that caused the
ruckus:

1)
Mayf,
I was referring to the shape of the car viewed from the top. Obviously not a
complete three dimensional teardrop. NT is fast because of the small hole it
piunches in the air, not because of it's shape. What streamliner have you
designed and built that set nine records?
Howard
2)
Ooooouuuu...did I hit a nerve or something? I do not remember any
conversation n the thread about a partial teardrop. Nope, just that free
falling rain drop. And you are sure that Jack's car has no aero advantage
other than small frontal area? I am surprised by that. What sreeamliners
have I built...hmmmm...none. But so what? And 9 records...by the way I am
impressed by that. Maybe luck has a part to play. Anyway, from now on, hit
your delete button as warned before hand about my opinions...good day!

mayf
First, I must have been very confused because we were talking about NT788 in
one sentence and then we jumped to Howards streamliner and records. Hell, I
may still be confused. Pahrump may do that to you. And I think that luck
does have a part to play. How many of us in our every day lives as well as
in racing have run up against something that should have stoipped us cold
but didn't. Like when Mr. Vesco blew a tire but kept his foot in it?

In any case, Howard, I am sorry that I mispoke aand that you became angry.
Wan'st my intent.

mayf, the sorryful red neck ignorant desert rat in PAHrump