Re: Mule Motor Autopsy

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mule Motor Autopsy
From: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:32:09 -0500
My practice has been to replace valve train parts every year, and look at
valve stem stretch very closely.  Even when running the turbo motor that
went only to 7400 with .600" lift.

The new turbo motor will be 8500, but the N/A motor that first goes in the
lakester may see 9000.  We shall see. (same engine that made the Merk go
175).
A shorter stroke version goes to 10400.....
Valve train is getting pretty highly stressed.  Ti parts and some coatings
from our friends at HPC.

Rick