Re: West Coast - San Francisco

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>,
Subject: Re: West Coast - San Francisco
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:28:47 -0700
The Blackhawk Museum (East Bay - Danville?) was a spectacular visit for me
over ten years ago.  I have no idea what is there now.  (It was turned over
to the University of California and they had a quilt show in the lobby at
one time.)  Roy Brizio has a shop in an industrial area just North of the
airport that is a great visit.  Freeway access to within just a few streets.
Right across from his old location, now occupied by The Rodder's Journal.
Hoffman Metal Products in San Carlos (just off the 101 Freeway) is a working
business where they construct racing chassis.  I don't know how welcome a
visitor would be since they are a small, busy business but the Bonneville
record holding streamliner tucked away in the rafters has to be an
outrageous sight.  The GoodGuys organization has their headquarters in
Pleasanton and a phone call there could yield some interesting results.
There's a motorcycle shop in Oakland with an outrageous full size, Jeff
Decker bronze of the Joe Petralli/1937 record setting Harley out front.  (A
duplicate is headed for Daytona at this time for installation during Bike
Week.)

The Bay Area locals on the list could give you addresses or directions.

Wes