Re: TODAY'S TOP FUEL DIGGERS - NOTHING LIKE THOSE IN THE 60s

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TODAY'S TOP FUEL DIGGERS - NOTHING LIKE THOSE IN THE 60s
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 04:38:08 -0600
Bruce.... fascinating information.... truly amazing...

but not many of us common folks will ever have the opportunity to make a
single pass in one....

Yet.... for just a few minutes every year.... we can go Bonneville and let
time stand still....   The effort of a bunch of volunteers allows us to
leave the starting line and own the whole course to our hearts content....
Our chance at pitting the cummulative knowledge and mechanical expertise of
our team.... to see what the ultimate outcome of our skills are....   It's
in those few minutes that all of this is truly worth while.... something the
common man Can Do.... rather then talk about....

Nothing happens in life without a passion....  all of us are simply lucky
enough to be capable of living our dreams....

Keith