belts and stuff

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: belts and stuff
From: tom sarda <sardatech@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:41:26 -0800 (PST)
Hey List,
 I have recently installed Williams seat belt five
point harness in the Craftsman trucks we race and
NASCAR said be sure we install them as the
manufacturer specifies. That is the lap belt is to be
across the lap and straight down not at a 45 degree
angle to the lap like we normally install the Simpson
or Howe belts. If I use these belts in the 'liner,
Williams, that is, do I install them like the SCTA
rule book says or like the manufacturer says. The
Williams belts are a bit less expensive. I'm curious.
  I will be putting the front end suspension on the
liner very soon. It's a Mustang two design. Should I
use the cast spindles or should I look for steel ones?
 Appreciate your opinions.
 Leaving for Darlington tomorrow then turn around in a
week and head for Mesa Marin in Bakersfield. Busy time
right now. Look for me on catch can on 66 truck or 57
truck or next week on 66 or 77 trucks. We run several
and don't know for sure which week what truck we will
run. Crew chiefs. Sheeesh! can't live with them, can't
live with them.
 Later.
 Tom