Re: Fairing the lines

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>,
Subject: Re: Fairing the lines
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:09:43 -0700
There's always the technique the designers of the Cord used.  A framework
with a vertical height adjustment and two rigid "sticks" pointing down from
it.  They put a model on a grid so they could position the framework
accurately, the two sticks were set at equal distances from a center line
and the bottoms touched the body as they desired, allowing them to check
from one side to the other.  Obviously not the most sophisticated way to do
it but a very practical way and quite inexpensive.  You can build it to the
size you need.  I have pictures on a video I bought at the ACD Museum in
Auburn, IN and they have the actual model with the arrangement on display in
an upstairs studio.

Wes