solid lifters

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: solid lifters
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:05:34 -0600
  It has been 25 years since I've adjusted rockers on a solid cam and I
can't remember whether or not there should be a little noise from the
rockers tapping when the engine is cold or not. It has been so damn cold
here that even after running the engine for several minutes it never warms
up and while the noise is reduced as the engine runs I can't remember if
solids give a little bit of clearance noise or not, when the engines is
fully warmed up.   The clearances are supposed to be 28 thou intake, 32 thou
exhaust with the engine cold.  Scott