Re: Clem TeBow

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clem TeBow
From: Ugo Fadini <ugo@ugofadini.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:40:42 +0200
Bill,
sorry I mispelt Clem TeBow's name: i should have checked the spelling
in contemporarry articles better: some have Tebow, but most do have
TeBow, so... my fault!
As to the company name, hhmm...  I could not object Clem's words BUT,
being pedantic is bread and butter for model makers, and fun too,
so... what about this:
- "C.T." on the head covers
- "C&T"  on the nose of the car in Sep 1952 ( AAA meeting) and in a
Nov 1952 "C&T Automotive" ad on Hot Rod
- "C-T" on the nose of the car in 1953
- "C T" on  the nose of the car in 1954...
- contemporary and later mentions in the press have them all: "C.T.",
"C-T", "CT", "C&T" plus "C and T"
You are right, these things do matter (again, particularly for us
nodel makers!), but I guess they matter more to us now than they did
to the people involved at the time, as evidence shows...
Anyway, corrections will be made to my web page right away,
By the way, I do have lots of articles on the City of Burbank, but
NOT that March 53 issue of Hop Up: any chance that I can have a
copy???
--
Ugo
in Padova, Italy