New Hot Rod Vocabulary Item..

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Hot Rod Vocabulary Item..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:11:49 -0700
Scanning the latest Hot Rod rag, I come across a small side bar in which
David, our boy David Freiburger, attempts to define the aerodynamic center
of pressure. As I read it, he has the Cp ahead of the Cg and the problem Cp
causes is lift on the front end resulting in dquirmish handling.

Well, please, don't ya'll believe a word of it. Cp goes behind the Cg and
the problem caused is lack of driectional stability because the sum of the
pressure forces are twisting the car around the Cg if it is in front. In the
trailing mode the Cp is a drag behind the Cg and this adds stability
(remember, tail fins on an arrow, heavy arrowhead up front?). One of you who
are more friends with him than I, politely knock him upside the head?

mayf