Hello from the UK

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hello from the UK
From: "Mathew Sanchez" <mathew.sanchez@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:38:15 +0100
Hi there,

Given I haven't been on here before I just wanted to write some sort of
introduction so here's some background. I think the original post I
totally misdirected was forwarded I guess it's fairly obvious that I
wouldn't have been reading this list were I not to have an interest in
cars in general and this for as long as I can remember has always been
linked with racing and speed. My interest in the whole LSR thing
specifically goes back years and I guess a lot of it is originally down
to the imprints I still have in my head of people like Campbell (I
couldn't say someone like Breedlove could I?) going for records that
I've seen in TV programs and the like sometime between '72 and now.
Right now I have a hot street VW Bug (which is in the members section at
www.cal-look.com <http://www.cal-look.com/> ) and have for sometime been
thinking of getting into racing. Whilst I have an interest in Drags it
doesn't really get to me the way the whole idea of LSR does so my
current thinking is maybe put a Karmann Ghia together for the Unblown
and then maybe Blown Coupe class. Nothing too ambitious to start with
but who knows where it may lead? It's a longer term plan because of the
costs but I'm thinking maybe the next five years or so but I will be
visiting as a spectator before that! Definitely. My interest has now
gone from 'interested' to 'have to go'. Though I have a VW and am
thinking along those lines I love all sorts of other stuff. One car that
really got me thinking recently was the '29/'32 Ford on e-bay that ended
up going for $14,600, to me that looked like one hell of a car but I
think being in Britain it would probably be harder to work with a car
like that. If I'd have had the money though that thinking may have gone
out of the window. In fact come to think of it I did think of selling
the Bug.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Cheers, Mat.

Mathew Sanchez