RE: New Member - Mathew Sanchez

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: RE: New Member - Mathew Sanchez
From: "Mathew Sanchez" <mathew.sanchez@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:45:55 +0100
Hi Keith, List.

Just a quick one to say thanks to all those who have mailed me since I
said hello, I've actually been quite amazed by the response and have
been reading some very interesting mails. I have tried to reply to all
the mails but I thought I had better just say thanks to the list as a
whole. Initially I hadn't posted to the list as with respect to racing
there's a big difference between thinking about and saying you're going
to do something and actually doing it. Basically if there is a way I can
put my ideas into reality I will do it, working that one out is where I
am at now. The list has already helped on this front, the summary seems
to be lots more $#$ than you think but worth it.

As for Lauringburg, what can I say? I always thought the Americans
demanded better service than the Brits but things were obviously very
slack over there before 'our' visit. I'm still trying to find out more
about Keith's firesuit color though??

Modified Sports looks interesting and it is not a class that I would
have considered previously but I was having a look through the SCTA
rules last night and it does allow things that would make a lot of
difference to a Ghia as far as I can tell and could potentially get rid
of a couple of 'Volkswagen' problems. The thing that worries me is that
I could probably turn that sort of design into a 'special construction'
but not that defined by the rules. Does everything that leaves the start
line have to be on the car at the finish?

Anyway I'm going to keep my head down and try to leave the flak to
Malcolm, I'm hoping to be able to get into the States, see an event and
leave without getting either arrested or deported sometime soon.

Thanks, Mat.