Re: engine oil and coolant temps

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine oil and coolant temps
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:35:04 -0500
Bob Gribble and I were chatting about heating the oil a while back,  He'd
come up with a Tilton electric Oil Pump ... flows lots of oil at pretty high
pressures.... I bought one from him for 125 bucks as I recall... the thought
being we could preheat the oil and circulate it through the motor while it
was coming up to temperature...  Circulating warm oil would simply get
everything up to temp a bunch quicker...

To plumb this thing in we would need a ball valve or check valves on the
pressure side of the engine....  I'm sure it would be fine... but if that
valve was ever left in the open position oil pressure wouldn't get to the
engine....  So for right now I'm not going to complicate the system....
Maybe in the future...

Bob Gribble does have Dry Sump tanks with Heaters already in them.... most
the Nascar teams have 3 probes in the tank...  Mine even came with a Heat
sheild surrounding it...

Keith