Re: trans heat

To: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: trans heat
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:15:16 -0700

I don't see why we are arguing about this. Everything we do has a risk.
Intelligent people only need to be reminded occasionally to make the
necessary adjustments to keep safety in focus. I don't see a thing wrong
with running a car on jack stands to warm the drive train, if someone is
in the driver's seat. After all, a fast idle is sufficient to warm the
fluids.

Anyone who trust a hydraulic jack alone to keep anything off the ground
if coming down would be a hazard, just isn't running on all cylinders.
Depending on legislation to keep us safe is just as effective as
legislating morals. I think we all have to exercise good judgment in all
we do, and be responsible for our actions, or maybe we should just stay
by ourselves in our room and not put others at risk.

My thoughts!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC