Library of Utah Photos

To: <land-speed-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Library of Utah Photos
From: "chrispile" <chrispile@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:56:23 -0500
    List -

    Just checked out the massive library of photos at the Library of Utah
website previously noted on this digest. Outstanding historical stuff!
    I had been unaware that the Napier-Railton had run on the salt, I thought
all it's speed runs were made at Brooklands or on the Pendine Sands in Merry
Olde. The scale model of  Breedlove's alternate Spirit of America threw me for
a loop, too. The many detail shots as work was performed on the vehicles
proved fascinating to me - I loved them.
    I urge those who haven't checked this treasure trove of salt racing
history to log on soon. Ab Jenkins, John Cobb, Sir Malcolm Campbell, Mickey
Thompson, Art Arfons, Nathan Ostich, and so many more salt racers are
immortalized in this collection.
    There are many hot rodders pictured whose names are not listed, perhaps
many of our older members can contribute the proper info to the curators of
the collection? That would surely be a plus for the next generation of LSR
lovers seeking the history of their beloved sport.

    www.lib.utah.edu/spc/photo/hp2.html , then search for Bonneville Salt
Flats. It's worth an hour of your time!

    Chris Pile aka aircap