Re: O2 sensor (which sensor and why?)

To: Bill Bennett <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: O2 sensor (which sensor and why?)
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:46:53 -0400
Be very careful with this unit and understand what it can and can not do both
calibration wise and heater voltage issues.. Follow all the threads in the
DIY-EFI list and read them. The tech edge piece is a knock off of what was being
done there. Heck you might even find my name there is some heated debates..
Bottom line be careful how you bet your engine with this thing. The honda L1H1
sensor is better by a little bit. Problem is they are scarce and very pricey.
The Bosch unit is a quality piece for much less money. What you buy with the
Motec unit is vastly more involved engineering both calibration wise and design
wise. It is micro processor based as well. It is also programmable for different
fuels that range from alky to gas even diesel. Also has  a programmable analog
out signal for data acq service.

The motec link to it is here..
http://www.motec.com/products/plm/plm.htm

Oh yeah I am a dealer for them.. LOL I would not touch that Tech Edge part with
a ten foot pole until some one proved to me they were right on a gas test
stand..

Dave