Boneville Request

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Boneville Request
From: Elon Ormsby <ormsby1@llnl.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:20:21 -0700
Mayf:

Wendover airport has an  Automatic Weather Observation System (AWOS) on
135.075 that broadcasts "uncorrected" pressure (inHg), temp C , dew point,
and wind direction, etc.  It is updated minute by minute.  You need an
aviation radio but many racers and crew are pilots who fly-in.  You should
be able to easily borrow a handheld.   Trust me...the data is NOT corrected
for density altitude.   However, as Ed mentioned, the sensors are 10 miles
away.  My guess the air mass is the same but the hygroscopic effects of the
salt surely have a local influence.

Go here for more details on AWOS/ASOS.  http://www1.faa.gov/asos/index.htm.
   -Elon