rolling around the salt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: rolling around the salt
From: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:47:33 -0600
Well, I'm actually going to be able to come watch this year.  Last go
around there were some nasty unemployment issues, but that has been sorted
out thankfully. ;)

I seem to remember reading something about spectator mobility on the salt,
i.e. due to the expanse of the pit area it's useful to have something to
carry you around besides your feet.  Of course, now that I need it, I can't
find that anymore.

Does anyone know if something like a dirt bike would be allowed to ride
around on, or does it have to be strictly non-motorized (i.e.
bicycle)?  I'm bringing the girlfriend with me and she's gonna get grouchy
if I have to make her walk the whole time.

Thanks,
Ralph Forsythe
Future Land Speed Racer :)