Re: Setting Pinion Angle Question

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Setting Pinion Angle Question
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:06:18 -0600
Dick I had the same issue with the Camaro.... with a 28" tire... the center
of the rear end is 14" off the ground....   The centerline of the crank was
around 8"...  With the pinion yoke offset around 3" you can see that if you
set the engine level... the transmission output is below the pinion yolk of
the rear end... ( and the trans tunnel didn't allow it to be raised any
higher )

I didn't have any problem with this, once I leveled both the pinion and the
Trans and let the driveshaft run up hill....  I did however lock the pinion
angle with a leaf spring arrangement that didn't have any spring wrap up at
all.... or once I put the 4 link in... again controlling the pinion angle...

Keith