Re: Aero Stability - More Ramblings

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aero Stability - More Ramblings
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:15:30 -0800
John,

I believe that Perris & Eaton's roaster went 296 MPH one-way and holds
the B/BFR @ 260.299 MPH. As I remember, they had a much higher top speed
average, but didn't get it in the right mile. Leggit & LeBash hold the
C/BFR record @ 282.269 MPH also set in 1992. I would wager that Al will
top 300 MPH in his roadster when he returns to the salt. I have no idea
how much these cars weigh, but I was told that Al's roadster (Sadd,
Bentley & Teague car) had boxed frame rails that were filled with lead.

I ran the roadster class for many years. Never did have much HP, but we
did run 199.123 MPH in 1981. The early roadster (1930) I had was a real
hand full. It had a cross spring front end that caused much of the
problem. When I built the '29, I used a VW font end and a stock cross
spring on the rear. This car handled very well (again I say not much HP)
we carried only 160 lbs of ballast behind the rear axle.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC