Re: LSR Schwinn?

To: JOE LANCE <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: LSR Schwinn?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:19:19 -0800
Joe,

I was there when the dentist from Riverside set the record behind a Big
Block powered Chevy Station Wagon. As I remember, the biggest problem
for the team was to get the car to go fast enough for the record attempt
to take place. One person drove the car and another sat in the back
facing the bike rider and handled the throttle so they could keep the
proper distance from the bike. I believe they ran in the 130s. The
record they were going after was set behind a train in Germany, I think.