Re: Hurricane Mesa

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <James.Tone@AES.com>,
Subject: Re: Hurricane Mesa
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:25:56 -0600
Bruce et.al.
The most inportant thing is that we were around to  see and in some cases be a
part of it. We are the lucky ones. To see the things I have in my young 69
years is beyond words. Many times I set back and think how I got started in
hot rodding, flying and my career in aerospace and wouldn't trade it for
anything.

There are so many that have said gosh I wish I had done that, well a lot of us
did it and we are better for it. Bruce and I watched many good drag races at
Lions and other SoCal drag strips and myself was lucky enough to have driven
on most of the SoCal strips and in 1969 we went to Indy for the drags. We
didn't qualify but had the experiance of going there.

Drove at El Mirage, Bonneville and timed all of the Muroc events before 9-11
put a stop to them. Lots of different venues for a lot of people be it space
or racing or other pioneering, we have seen the best in our life time. Hope to
see a lot more in the years to come.

Always enjoy reading others backgrounds and stories. Keep them coming.

Glen ( still having fun)