Dzus Fasteners

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dzus Fasteners
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:05:58 -0400
Dzus quick-acting fasteners have been made for over 60 years and the
main plant is at West Islip, New York.

A few years ago when I got mine, DFS International Inc at 407-858-9848
was in charge of marketing and sales for Dzus.  They supplied me a
catalog, and directed me to one of their retailers, Standard Parts of
Fort Worth, TX, 817-336-2521.  Standard Parts sent me all the items I
needed, using a credit card over the phone.

The official Dzus catalog has all of their items in all of their sizes.
This is a world-class engineering company.

I have had a few of the speedshop "Dzus" fasteners, and I have been a
little dubious whether they are genuine parts, or maybe even Asian
reproductions.  The genuine parts I got seem to be the finest quality,
and were reasonable in price.

It could well be, of course, that some speedshops do sell genuine Dzus
fasteners.  BH