Re: Sema Show... part 1

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>, John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Sema Show... part 1
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 07:22:59 -0700
Yeah ...
And when you asked Freiburger if he had heard from Keith he said Keith???
The guy with him said "Turk" and I said "your car donor."  Then he put it
together, looked at my badge and then got a big smile on his face.  Of
course they were looking for one of Chip Foose's guys at the Overhauling
set.

I hope you guys who attended also saw the new Stan Wanlass bronze "Dago 32"
at the HPC booth.  That's a sculpture that's too big for most homes but what
a great piece.  An Ardun powered, 50's style '32 roadster like you'd dream
about having.  Check stanleywanlass.com and click on Automotive Bronzes to
see what it looked like as it was nearing completion in clay.  I don't think
the paint was totally dry when they wheeled the 325 pound load into the
show.

The Pierson Coupe was at the Absorber booth.  I wish I could have picked up
a poster for everyone.  It was a Steve Coonan photo from The Rodder's
Journal files.  Dick was around the show ... I never caught up with him ...
but I did see current owner Bruce Meyer.  They had a fake tree over the car
and the poor lady demonstrating the Absorber kept getting dribbled on from
the tree.  Lucky it was just water.  We speculated as to why they hadn't put
a fake bird up there as well.