RE: First car?

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: First car?
From: "White, J D III" <J.White@cptbelts.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:32:20 -0500
My first car was a 1975 Z28.  I bought it when I was 14 years old in 1985.
Needles to say, this was a great car for a beginner to drive, and I was able
to go through 4 Muncie's, and three clutches before I totaled it 3 years
later.  Luckily before I totaled the camaro, with a lot of effort from my
Dad, I had almost completed an even better car for a snot-nosed teenager to
drive; a 1941 Willys coupe with a supercharged small block.  Still being
only 17, I wasn't much smarter by the time I got that car on the road, but
at least I went through fewer drive train parts and fenders.

When my kids turn 16, they are going to be driving Volkswagon beetles with 2
of the spark plugs removed.